Sunday, July 26, 2015

Yes Please

playlist position: 65 - Eclipse (3) #14
               105 - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (7) #1
artist: Muse
album: Hullabaloo Soundtrack
track number: 4/10
year: 2002
listen on YouTube






Eclipse – Chapter 25 - Bree's perspective
After a second of fruitless searching, my gaze crept back to the young female vampire. She was still watching me, her eyes half-mad.
I met the girl's stare for a long moment. Chin-length dark hair framed her face, which was alabaster pale. It was hard to tell if her features were beautiful, twisted as they were by rage and thirst. The feral read eyes were dominant—hard to look away from. She glared at me viciously, shuddering and writhing every few seconds.

_________________________

The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner – page 55
It was impossible to mistake the noise. The boom boom boom of the bass, the video-game soundtrack, the snarling. Totally our crowd.

page 83
The sound of the thudding music that greeted my approach was accompanied by the unmistakeable sweet, smoky scent of a burning vampire. My panic went into overdrive. I could just as easily die inside the house as outside.

_________________________

Yes please

I cannot sleep
There's too much noise in my head
I cannot sleep
I want it here instead

I never thought that this could come to this
I just wanna look at your face in peace now
You'll never miss
But I can

I cannot keep
The shame that's clawed us out
I will not keep
Your shut-up, shut-up lies

I never thought that this could come to this
I just wanna live in bliss, in peace now
You will never miss
But I can

No comments:

Post a Comment