Sunday, July 26, 2015

Rocking Horse

playlist position: 110  - The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner (7) #6
artist: The Dead Weather
album: Horehound
track number: 6/11
year: 2009








The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner - pages 57-58
"I see the little girl made it too," said a new voice, and I shuddered because it was Raoul. I felt a little bit of relied that he didn't know my name, but mostly I just felt horrified that he'd noticed me at all.
"Yeah, she followed me." I couldn't see Diego, but I knew he was shrugging.
"Aren't you the saviour of the hour?" Raoul said snidely.
"We don't get ectra points for being morons..."
"Interesting attitude you got, Deigo. You think that Riley likes you so much he's gonna care if I kill you. I think you're wrong. But either way, for tonight, he already thinks you're dead."

_________________________

I drank some dirty water
Shook evil hands
I've done some bad things
And they get easier to do

Then I wrote a nasty letter
And I sent it to the Lord
I said don't you dare come
And bother me no more

I had a good friend
I could only destroy
And lovers I loved less
Than anybody could afford

Yes, but this old rocking horse
Just nods his head
And he's gonna rock back and forth
The way that he always did

Baby, don't you bother
Tasting the water
And baby, don't you bother
Coming closer to me

Can you see my eyes?
They're half the size
And I'm not able to look at you

No comments:

Post a Comment