Thursday, January 17, 2013

What is the playlist?

I guess I should at least mention what the hell "The Stephenie Meyer Twilight Ispiration Playlist" is. Although, if you're here reading this, you probably already know. But just in case you just stumbled across this blog and are interested...
I'm just going to assume you know what the Twilight Saga is and who Stephenie Meyer is. Let's not insult your intelligence THAT much. And if you don't, "you can google it".
So, Stephenie mentioned that music is a huge part of her writing process and essentially 'needs' it to inspire her. As she was writing the series, she listened to specific songs for specific points in the story. She also either remembered or recorded as she went, which songs inspired which parts. She shared this information with her fans in "The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide". (I'd tell you what pages this is, but I don't have the book with me right now and don't feel like going upstairs to get it. Maybe I'll add it in later.) *pages 470-504*
I spent some time acquiring every single song, putting them in order, and creating a Twilight Inspiration playlist in my iTunes. Now I will share that with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment